Koromatua School - Te Pono me te Aroha - Truth and Love - Together Towards Excellence

Search   

Enrolment ** Cohort Entry Update **

Home Zone (Click here for the Zone Map)

All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at the school. Proof of residence within the home zone will be required. Out of Zone enrolments please see further down this page.

The Koromatua School Zone is defined as follows:

From the point where the Ngahinapouri School zone intersects O'Regan Road, the KS zone heads westward abutting the Ngahinapouri zone, and continues on, intersecting Kakaramea Road at the Robson Road junction, and continuing westward to the point where the Ngahinapouri zone angles southward.

At this point the KS zone angles northward, taking in all of Maisey Road, Higginson Road and Eyre Road before heading eastward to the point where Higginson Road joins Kakaramea Road. 

The line continues directly eastward towards Temple View, taking in all of Jury Road. 

The line then (passing south of Howden Road) swings north-eastwards to meet the end of Wallace Road, and continues down the south-eastern and eastern side of Wallace Road, including the homes on that side of the street.

At the point where Wallace Road intersects Whatawhata Road the zone line heads along the southern side of Whatawhata Road to the Dinsdale roundabout, including all of the homes on the southern side of the road.

At the roundabout the line travels along the western side of Tuhikaramea Road, including all the homes on that side of Tuhikaramea Road.

At the point where Tuhikaramea meets Kahikatea Drive West the KS zone line travels down the southern side of Kahiakatea Drive West, including all homes on that side of the street, until the railway crossing (and the corners of the Hamilton West School zone and the Deanwell School zone.

The zone line heads south along the rail line, abutting the Deanwell School zone to the point where the rail line intersects Collins Road. 

At this point the zone line heads west along the northern side of Collins Road, including all homes on the northern side of the road, until the intersection with ORegan Road.

At the O'Regan Road intersection the zone line heads south along the western side of O"Regan Road to the point where the Ngahinapouri Zone intersects (which is our start point.

Out of Zone Enrolments

The board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year, or term, for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone.  The board will publish this information on this webpage and by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.  The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.   

Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:

First Priority           Special programme approved by the Secretary. This priority category is not applicable at this                                 school as the school does not run such programmes.

Second Priority          will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.

Third Priority             will be given to students who are siblings of former students.

Fourth priority           will be given to applicants who are children of board employees.

Fifth priority              will be given to all other applicants.

If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.  

Applications: The school enrolment form is the application form. The enrolment form can be downloaded from this school website. Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship. Applications must be received at the school office at least one week prior to the ballot dates (see below). Make sure you select the ballot date that falls prior to the date you wish to enter the school. For example, if your child is due to start school in March, apply in the preceding December ballot.

Ballot Dates: The school is operating at close to capacity. Therefore, no ballots will be held for 2020 placements as there are no places available. Towards the end of this year ballot dates (if required) will be set for enrolments for the 2021 year.